Best Mobile Article of January 2017 (First Prize) by Code Project
Every app involves data. Most data are supplied by users through the various input controls, such as text field, check box, radio group, spinner, and button. While some data is transient, most will require to stay or persist even after the app has stopped running. Android provides many ingenious technologies for storing persistent data locally. In this article, you will learn to perform
CRUD, i.e. Create, Read, Update, and Delete, on data using a SQLite Database on Android.
On your favorite Android IDE, start a new Android app project. Let’s give it an application name of “AndroidSQLite” and a domain name of “peterleowblog.com”. The resulting package name of your project will be “com.peterleowblog.androidsqlite“.
In the project, create an Android activity called “MainActivity”. As shown in Figure 1, the user interface (UI) of this “MainActivity” comprises the following controls: Continue reading ›
Websites today serve not only traditional desktop monitors, but also televisions and handheld mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. Notwithstanding the myriad screen sizes, consumers, constantly connected and switching between devices anywhere anytime, expect the same degree of usability they experience across these devices. How can websites provide for such an enormous range of screens and keep up with new screens of the future? The answer lies in Responsive Web Design. In this article, I am introducing the three key methods of designing for responsible web. They are
Resize, which I aptly coin the “Three R’s of Responsible Web Design“. First, let’s grasp the realities and challenges of the new multi-screen world. Continue reading ›
- Get some element in an array with a specific condition
- Transfer array to list in Python
- Not able to run the code
- I have a query output and I want a small change in the ouput can anyone help.?
- Can anyone help me to get this output in a required format please ?
- Interface method declaration using PHP
- Convert datetime 12 hours to datetime 24 hours
- How to write JSON data in ajax
- Datetime.parse is not working
- How to accept only letters and space in textbox ASP
- How to successfully make an android program that reverses sentences word for word.
- My progress bar is not working properly it fills after getting the sucess message but I want showing progress bar with percentage and then sucess message
- How to use other parameter value if the first is empty
- How do I sum up value from onactivityresult
- Else statement not executing?
- An Unexpected Lesson from a Pot of Meatball Soup
- Developer Survey Results 2017
- Three challenges for the Web
- What’s Next in Computing?
- Digital Civility
- The Psychology of Programming
- What skills and technologies developers should learn in 2017
- 4 forgotten code constructs: Time to revisit the past?
- Things Every Hacker Once Knew
- Watch Alien Worlds Whirl Around a Distant Star
- The foundation of a more secure web
- How to Get SQL Server Dates and Times Horribly Wrong
- Artificial Intelligence, Automation, and the Economy
- Google is replacing Flash in Chrome once and for all
- A Peek at the Future of Programming